SAN JOSE, Calif., April 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced an expanded number of switching and routing products on the Defense Information Systems Agency's (DISA) Approved Products List (APL) for unified communications (UC). The UC APL is the single approving authority for all military departments and Department of Defense (DoD) agencies in the purchasing of communications equipment to be connected to the Defense Information Systems Network.
Newly certified and listed Ethernet switches on the APLITS site include Extreme Networks' Summit® X440, X460, X480, and X670 , E4G-200 and E4G-400 series switches and the BlackDiamond® X8 switch. These products have recently completed and passed the Unified Capabilities Certification Office's (UCCO) Unified Capabilities Requirements (UCR) Assured Services LAN (ASLAN) section of testing. The testing, commonly known as "JITC testing," due in part to where the testing is performed, consists of an Information Assurance (IA) section and an Information Operability (IO) section. These testing standards evaluate interoperability between vendors.
"Federal agencies have high expectations for their network solutions and we're proud to expand the number of products certified for their use," said Brad Richards, North American federal sales manager at Extreme Networks. "We are committed to meeting the stringent standards of our government customers as they continue to focus on transforming IT into a strategic asset."
The new additions to the APL provide complete network edge, distribution and core switching solutions to simplify enterprise and data center environments. These products join previously approved switching products from Extreme that include the S-series (SSA, S3/4/6/8), K-series (K6/K10), BlackDiamond 8000 series, and C5-series for cost-effective switching built with intelligent and granular control for exceptional application delivery.Additional Resources:
- Extreme Networks Government Solutions
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV