NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc. (SGYP) are up 8.51% to $5.23 in pre-market trade after the company announced that its experimental constipation drug met the main goal of a mid-stage study in patients with a form of irritable bowel syndrome, Reuters reports.
The trial tested four doses of the drug in patients with irritable bowel syndrome with constipation, and the company said it selected a 3 mg dose to be tested in late-stage studies in the second half of the year.
Synergy said the drug was safe and well tolerated in the study, with no serious adverse events related to the treatment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV