ServiceNow® (NYSE: NOW), the enterprise IT cloud company, today announced ServiceNow Share, an online exchange where customers and partners can upload and download applications and development content. Share users can leverage ideas from others in the community and do not have to rebuild similar functionality from scratch. Application creation and service delivery can be accelerated to meet the needs of the business.
“Today’s modern enterprises can no longer sustain a competitive advantage running their business on email and spreadsheets. So customers are using our platform to do disruptive things that profoundly change the way business works," said Shane Jackson, vice president, marketing, ServiceNow. “ServiceNow Share empowers our community to innovate, share and deploy service-oriented applications faster and easier than ever before.”
With ServiceNow Share, developers now have the ability to quickly search, evaluate, view, rate and download apps, app extensions, code snippets, orchestrations, integrations and dashboards provided by ServiceNow-authenticated customers and partners without charge. Customers and partners will also benefit from content contributed by ServiceNow product experts.
Examples of applications contributed by the community and available on ServiceNow Share include:
- BioMed – automates management of biomedical assets and processes the associated work orders
- Facilities Workspace Management - manages cubicle and office locations
- Communications and Marketing Projects – enables clients to request projects or assistance, production or consulting from a marketing services group and provides tracking through to project completion. The application replaced paper folders, spread sheets and ad-hoc email exchanges
- Loaner Request System – allows users to request different types of assets from multiple locations. Departments loaning equipment are able to track which personnel has which asset
- HereNow – adds automated, real-time location updates to native mobile applications to fully utilize location awareness in applications built on the ServiceNow platform