NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Siemens AG (SI) are up 2.48% to $132.15 in pre-market trade today as the technology company said it will make an offer to Alstom if the France-based manufacture of transport and energy infrastructure agrees to give Siemens access to the company's data room and permission to interview the management during a period of four weeks.
Alstom said it would study a $16.9 billion offer from General Electric (GE) for its energy arm but left the door open for a rival bid from Siemens, according to Reuters.
Alstom gave Siemens until the end of May to propose its own deal after the government of President Francois Hollande balked at the GE's overtures last week, Reuters said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV