- The increase in consolidated net sales was due to higher prices of our products in local currency terms in most of our operations, as well as higher volumes in all our regions.
- Operating earnings before other expenses, net, in the first quarter increased by 12%, to U.S.$268 million.
- Operating EBITDA increased during the quarter by 3% to U.S.$535 million. During the quarter, higher maintenance and inventory drawdown negatively affected operating EBITDA. Adjusting for these effects and for the higher number of business days in our operations during the quarter, operating EBITDA, on a like-to-like basis, increased by 15%.
- Operating EBITDA margin decreased by 0.8 percentage points on a year-over-year basis reaching 14.9%. Operating EBITDA margin, on a like-to-like basis, adjusted for the higher maintenance, the inventory drawdown, and the higher number of business days during the quarter increased by 0.8 percentage points.
- Free cash flow after maintenance capital expenditures for the quarter was negative U.S.$454 million, compared with negative U.S.$483 million in the same quarter of 2013.
CEMEX Reports First-Quarter 2014 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts