MCKINNEY, Texas, April 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Independent Bank Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:IBTX), the holding company for Independent Bank, today announced net income of $4.8 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2014 compared to $4.3 million, or $0.35 per diluted share, for the quarter ended December 31, 2013 and pro forma after tax net income of $3.8 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2013. Prior to April 1, 2013 and the initial public offering, the Company was an S corporation and did not incur federal income tax expense. As a result, pro forma adjustments for tax expense have been provided for comparability to periods prior to that date.
- Core net income was $5.0 million, or $0.39 per diluted share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2014 compared to $4.9 million, or $0.40 per diluted share, for the quarter ended December 31, 2013 and to $3.7 million, or $0.44 per diluted share, for the quarter ended March 31, 2013.
- Loans held for investment grew organically at an annualized rate of 23.2% in the first quarter 2014.
- Continued strong asset quality, as reflected by a nonperforming assets to total assets ratio of 0.51%, a nonperforming loans to total loans ratio of 0.48%, and an annualized net charge-offs to average loans ratio of 0.08% at March 31, 2014.
- Completion of the acquisitions of Live Oak Financial Corp. on January 1, 2014 and BOH Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiary, Bank of Houston, on April 15, 2014.
Independent Bank Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer David R. Brooks said, "We are pleased with our results from the first quarter. Our momentum continues to build as evidenced by our strong organic loan growth and the closing of two transactions this year. We are especially excited to have a presence in the dynamic and growing Houston market."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV