IntercontinentalExchange Group (NYSE:ICE), the leading global network of exchanges and clearing houses, today announced that following an extensive selection process managed by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA), ICE Benchmark Administration (IBA) has been appointed as the new administrator of ISDAFIX.
ISDAFIX is leading global benchmark for interest rate swaps. It represents the average mid-market swap rates for four major currencies: Euro (EUR), British pound (GBP), Swiss franc (CHF) and U.S. dollar (USD), at selected maturities on a daily basis. Market participants use ISDAFIX to price and settle their derivatives contracts and as a reference rate for floating rate bonds.
As the administrator for ISDAFIX, IBA will transition the calculation methodology for ISDAFIX from a polled submission model where contributing banks submit price estimates, to a methodology based on tradable quotes posted on regulated trading venues. This move is made possible by the introduction of electronic markets for interest rate swaps and is designed to align the ISDAFIX benchmark with Principles published last year by the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) for financial benchmarks, which were subsequently endorsed by the G20 and by the Financial Stability Board.
IBA expects to transition the Euro ISDAFIX benchmark in summer 2014, with additional currencies transitioning to IBA by the end of 2014. The final date of transfer for ISDAFIX benchmark rates to IBA will be confirmed once terms have been finalized with regulated trading venues.IBA will assume overall responsibilities for ISDAFIX as follows:
- Governance of all ISDAFIX administrative processes including oversight and decisions of methodology, systems and controls;
- Daily operations, including collection of input data and calculation of ISDAFIX rates;
- Ex-ante and ex-post checks on submissions to ensure the integrity of the benchmark.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV