- Rima Qureshi appointed Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer for the Ericsson Group
- Will also assume role as Chairman of Business Unit Modems
- Appointment effective as of May 1, 2014
- Brings nearly 30 years' experience in the global telecommunications and IT industry of which 21 years with Ericsson
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, April 30, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) appoints Rima Qureshi Chief Strategy Officer for the Ericsson Group where she will also drive the company's mergers and acquisitions (M&A) strategy and activities. In addition, she will serve as Chairman of Business Unit Modems.
Hans Vestberg, President and CEO of Ericsson, said: "I am very pleased with this appointment. Rima's comprehensive experience in driving both business and M&A's, along with a solid track record in strategy development and execution, makes her ideal for the job. Rima successfully led the integration of the CDMA and LTE assets of the former Nortel Networks Corporation and ran the business unit CDMA Mobile Systems during the years 2010-2012."
Rima Qureshi has been Senior Vice President and part of Ericsson's Executive Leadership Team since 2010.Rima Qureshi said: "The industry is going through a rapid transformation and I could not think of a more exciting time period to lead Ericsson's Group strategy development. At the same time I am also looking forward to working closely with the team at Business Unit Modems to ensure we are successful based on the industry's most advanced LTE thin modem." Rima Qureshi joined Ericsson in 1993, and prior to running Business Unit CDMA Mobile Systems, her career spanned leadership roles in R&D, sales, and Services, including managing Global Service Delivery Centers in Canada, the US, Mexico and Brazil. Qureshi was appointed to the Board of Directors of MasterCard Worldwide in April 2011, based on her broad international experience and business acumen. In April 2014, she was appointed new member of Wolters Kluwer Supervisory Board, a global leader in professional information services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV