LEAWOOD, Kan., April 29, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Euronet Worldwide, Inc. ("Euronet" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:EEFT), a leading electronic payments provider, reports first quarter 2014 financial results.
Euronet reports the following consolidated results for the first quarter 2014 compared with the same period of 2013:
- Revenues of $353.3 million, a 5% increase from $335.6 million (6% increase on a constant currency (1) basis).
- Operating income of $24.4 million, a 27% increase from $19.2 million (24% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Adjusted EBITDA (2) of $43.6 million, an 11% increase from $39.4 million (9% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Net income attributable to Euronet of $16.0 million or $0.30 diluted earnings per share, compared with net income of $12.0 million or $0.24 diluted earnings per share.
- Adjusted cash earnings per share (3) of $0.46, a 21% increase from $0.38.
- Transactions of 590 million, a 5% increase from 562 million.
See the reconciliation of non-GAAP items in the attached financial schedules."This was an exciting start to 2014 for Euronet highlighted by our announcements of the pending acquisition of HiFX and our partnership with Walmart," stated Michael J. Brown, Euronet's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Operationally, our EFT Segment had another outstanding quarter. Money transfer continued to see strong revenue growth across our markets and epay remained consistent through sustained sales of higher-margin products, all contributing to starting the year off with a strong 21% growth year-over-year in cash EPS." Segment and Other Results The EFT Processing Segment reports the following results for the first quarter 2014 compared with the same period of 2013:
- Revenues of $74.6 million, an 18% increase from $63.3 million (20% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Operating income of $12.8 million, a 94% increase from $6.6 million (88% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Adjusted EBITDA of $20.2 million, a 36% increase from $14.9 million (33% increase on a constant currency basis).
- Transactions of 301 million, a 9% increase from 276 million.
- Operated 18,558 ATMs as of March 31, 2014, a 3% increase from 17,949.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV