Lagging In Post-Market Activity: Panera Bread (PNRA)
- PNRA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $78.2 million.
- PNRA is down 2.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PNRA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PNRA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PNRA: Panera Bread Company, together with its subsidiaries, owns, operates, and franchises retail bakery-cafes in the United States and Canada. The company operates in three segments: Bakery-Cafe Operations, Franchise Operations, and Fresh Dough and Other Product Operations. PNRA has a PE ratio of 27.3. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Panera Bread a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Panera Bread has been 605,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Panera Bread has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 4.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Panera Bread as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- PANERA BREAD CO has improved earnings per share by 12.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PANERA BREAD CO increased its bottom line by earning $6.82 versus $5.89 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.93 versus $6.82).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, PANERA BREAD CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 95.66% to $136.91 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PANERA BREAD CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -78.76%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 5.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $51.61 million to $54.25 million.
- You can view the full Panera Bread Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.