YONKERS, N.Y., April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- James J. Landy, Executive Chairman of Hudson Valley Holding Corp. (NYSE: HVB) and Hudson Valley Bank, has announced his retirement as Executive Chairman of both positions effective December 31, 2014. While retiring as a Company officer, Mr. Landy will remain Chairman of the Board of Directors and serve as a liaison with the Bank's customers focusing on business development and retention.
Mr. Landy joined Hudson Valley Bank in 1977 and held various executive positions during his 37-year career. Prior to being elected Executive Chairman in 2012, he had served as President and Chief Executive Officer since 2001.
In announcing his retirement, Mr. Landy said, "I am proud of Hudson Valley Bank, its people and its commitment to its customers and the communities it serves, and proud to have been a part of its development into the bank it is today. In my new capacity as outside Chairman, I am confident that we have the leadership and skill set on both the Board and Bank management, as well as the vision, to maintain Hudson Valley's core values, while continuing the Bank's forward thinking and progress."
"Jim has been a mainstay at Hudson Valley and a staunch advocate for the Bank and our customers, as well as an admired civic and community leader," said Stephen R. Brown, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Hudson Valley today is a reflection of his longstanding commitment to community banking and to personal, responsive service for our customers. In his many roles with the Company, he has helped to build the Bank and has been instrumental in our growth and success over the years.""We thank Jim for his leadership, dedication and years of service as President and Executive Chairman and we look forward to continuing to work with him on the Board," Mr. Brown said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV