Blue Capital Reinsurance Holdings Ltd. (NYSE:BCRH) (the “Company”), a Bermuda holding company that offers collateralized reinsurance in the property catastrophe market and invests in various insurance-linked securities, today reported its financial results for the first quarter of 2014. The Company was formed on June 24, 2013 and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange on November 6, 2013.
The Company’s book value per common share (BVPS) was $20.20 at March 31, 2014, an increase of $0.40 from December 31, 2013, reflecting a 3.5% increase inclusive of dividends declared in the quarter. The Company’s net income and operating income for the quarter was $6.1 million ($0.70 per share).
The table below illustrates the components of our first quarter 2014 activities:
|Amount in||Impact per share|
|Three Month Period ended March 31, 2014||millions||Earnings||BVPS|
|Net income and operating income||$||6.1||$||.70||$||.70|
|Common dividends declared||(2.6||)||(.30||)|
|Net change in book value||$||3.5||$||.40|
During the first quarter of 2014, the Company bound indemnity reinsurance contracts with expected total annual premiums of $41.0 million and wrote $21.8 million in premium. The business generated by the Company since its inception collectively represents $181.9 million in total reinsurance contract limit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV