Vanguard Natural Resources, LLC (NASDAQ: VNR) (“Vanguard” or “the Company”) today reported financial and operational results for the quarter ended March 31, 2014.
Mr. Scott W. Smith, President and CEO, commented, “Our quarter was highlighted by our $581 million acquisition in the Pinedale field in Wyoming. With this purchase we now have a position in one of the country's most prolific gas properties with many years of development activity ahead. This transaction is a great platform to initiate our growth capital strategy which will enhance our ability to compete for quality assets in the future.”
|Three Months Ended|
($ in thousands, except per unit data)(Unaudited)
|Oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids sales||$||152,740||$||96,682|
|Net losses on commodity derivative contracts||$||(56,037||)||$||(29,276||)|
|Selling, general and administrative expenses||$||8,038||$||6,549|
|Depreciation, depletion, amortization, and accretion||$||43,610||$||38,693|
|Net income (loss) attributable to common and Class B unitholders||$||13,159||$||(27,023||)|
|Adjusted Net Income Attributable to Common and Class B Unitholders (1)||$||24,604||$||16,889|
|Adjusted Net Income Attributable to Common and Class B Unitholders, per unit (1)||$||0.31||$||0.26|
|Adjusted EBITDA (1)||$||89,863||$||72,433|
|Interest expense, including settlements paid on interest rate derivative contracts||$||17,249||$||16,385|
|Maintenance capital expenditures||$||28,814||$||14,648|
|Distributions to Preferred unitholders||$||1,962||$||
|Distributable Cash Flow Available to Common and Class B Unitholders (1)||$||41,838||$||41,400|
|Distributable Cash Flow per common and Class B unit (1)||$||0.52||$||0.61|
|Common and Class B units distribution coverage (1)||
|Weighted average common and Class B units outstanding||79,606||64,789|
(1) Non-GAAP financial measures. Please see Adjusted Net Income Attributable to Common and Class B Unitholders, Adjusted EBITDA and Distributable Cash Flow Available to Common and Class B Unitholders tables at the end of this press release for a reconciliation of these measures to their nearest comparable GAAP measure.
First Quarter 2014 Highlights:
- Adjusted EBITDA (a non-GAAP financial measure defined below) increased 24% to $89.9 million in the first three months of 2014 from $72.4 million in the first three months of 2013 and increased 21% from $74.3 million recorded in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- Distributable Cash Flow Available to Common and Class B Unitholders (a non-GAAP financial measure defined below) for the first quarter of 2014 increased 1% to $41.8 million from the $41.4 million generated in the first quarter of 2013 and decreased 2% from $42.7 million generated in the fourth quarter of 2013.
- We reported net income attributable to common and Class B unitholders for the first quarter of 2014 of $13.2 million or $0.17 per basic unit compared to a reported net loss of $27.0 million or $(0.42) per basic unit in the first quarter of 2013.
- Adjusted Net Income Attributable to Common and Class B Unitholders (a non-GAAP financial measure defined below) was $24.6 million for the first three months of 2014, or $0.31 per basic unit, as compared to $16.9 million, or $0.26 per basic unit, in the comparable period of 2013. The 2014 results include net non-cash charges of $11.4 million that are adjustments to arrive at Adjusted Net Income Attributable to Common and Class B Unitholders. Results for the first quarter of 2013 included net non-cash charges of $43.3 million.
- Reported average production of 268 MMcfe per day in the first three months of 2014, up 35% over 199 MMcfe per day produced in the first three months of 2013. On an Mcfe basis, crude oil, natural gas and NGLs accounted for 19%, 67%, and 14% of our production for the first three months of 2014, respectively.
During the first quarter of 2014, we produced 16,040 MMcf of natural gas, an increase of 34% from the 11,990 MMcf of natural gas produced in the first quarter of 2013, 775 MBbls of oil, an increase of 7% from the 725 MBbls of oil produced in the first quarter of 2013, and 572 MBbls of NGLs, an increase of 123% from the 257 MBbls of NGLs produced in the first quarter of 2013.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts