NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- MagneGas (MNGA) rose Tuesday after the company, which converts liquid waste into a hydrogen-based fuel, announced that Sidney Lee Welding had completed MagneGas Distributor training and received its first customer order.
The Georgia-based company recently purchased $10,000 of MagneGas fuel, which equated to approximately one semi-truck of cylinders. The company underwent the training and has begun selling the fuel in the Georgia market. A large local machine shop was the first customer to place an order after it used MagneGas to cut a four-inch plate on its computerized cutting table, according to a MagneGas statement.
"We are very pleased to be working with Sidney Lee Welding in Georgia," said Terry Vernille, Executive Vice President of Industrial Gas Sales for MagneGas in a statement. "Their first customer, which is a very large local machine shop, is exactly the kind of organization which we are targeting for the MagneGas metal cutting gas."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was up 14.16% to $1.37 at 2:44 p.m. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet's Stocks Under $10 has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV