Amicus found the drug effective in patients after 12 months of treatment in the trial, which tested migalastat as a form of monotherapy in patients with Fabry disease, a disorder in which a fat called globotriaosylceramide builds up in the body's cells. The company also released positive 24-month data.
"Today is a great day for Amicus and the Fabry community," said Chairman and CEO John F. Crowley in a statement. "Pending positive data from our second Phase 3 study we expect to meet with regulatory authorities to discuss these data and determine the fastest registration pathway for migalastat."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was up 21.74% to $2.24 at 2:04 p.m. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet's Stocks Under $10 has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV