On 5/1/14, Citigroup Inc's 8.125% Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series AA (C.PRP) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.5078, payable on 5/15/14. As a percentage of C.PRP's recent share price of $29.72, this dividend works out to approximately 1.71%, so look for shares of C.PRP to trade 1.71% lower — all else being equal — when C.PRP shares open for trading on 5/1/14. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 6.82%, which compares to an average yield of 5.76% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, C.PRP was trading at a 19.20% premium to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of C.PRP shares, versus C:
Below is a dividend history chart for C.PRP, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.5078 on Citigroup Inc's 8.125% Non-Cumulative Preferred Stock, Series AA:
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, Citigroup Inc (C) makes up 7.09% of the iShares U.S. Financial Services ETF (IYG) which is trading higher by about 0.9% on the day Tuesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV