5 Ways to Get Your Home Back in Shape After the Polar Vortex
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- You've heard of the "polar vortex," right?
That's the name meteorologists gave to the frigid weather patterns that wreaked so much havoc on the U.S. this past winter.
As homeowners step out into the spring sunlight after a long winter avoiding the dreaded vortex, the pain won't be over yet -- not with a potentially long list of home repairs needed after one of the most severe winters in recent history.
"Now is the time to address any damage caused by what felt like an endless winter," says Lou Manfredini, a home expert at Ace Hardware, the Oak Brook, Ill., hardware and home maintenance retailer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV