PHOENIX, April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE: RSG) is pleased to announce that three of its employees, Johnny Caine, Florentino Castrellon and Quemene Perea, received the prestigious Driver of the Year award given by the National Waste & Recycling Association. The drivers were honored for their outstanding customer service and safety records today at North America's largest annual industry tradeshow, and were chosen out of 908 nominations from across the U.S., securing all three of the coveted award spots. Since 2010, Republic drivers have earned this top honor 13 out of 15 times in the large company categories.
"Safety is our top priority at Republic Services, which is why we believe it's every employee's responsibility to take personal ownership of their safety, as well as the safety of their co-workers and the communities we serve," said Don Slager, president and CEO of Republic Services. "Johnny, Tino and Quemene represent the best of the best in what they do every day, showing strong commitment to both Republic Services' priorities and serving our customers."
Republic Services' relentless commitment to safety led to the Company's formation of a comprehensive safety program that relies on continual training to reduce accident frequency.
Drivers begin with week-long equipment training with skill set verification at one of the Company's 26 driver training centers nationwide, followed by weeks of in-cab instruction and evaluation. Then throughout their tenure, Republic drivers participate in Focus 6®, a monthly supervisor-led training protocol focused on eliminating the six types of industry-specific accidents that occur most frequently or have the potential for the highest degree of human tragedy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV