BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Investors have been spinning their tires for the past two full months now, slugging sideways in a market that's been a big departure from the straight up environment that market participants became accustomed to in 2013.
The only cure for that churn has been to focus on specific sectors that have escaped it. Look at the year-to-date performance across different industries, and it's clear that we're still in a stock picker's market. And as we approach the start of May trading, the automotive sector is showing some big technical signs of strength.That's why we're taking a look at five car stocks to trade for gains in the month ahead. For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Toxic Stocks to Stay Away From Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV