STAMFORD, Conn., April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR) today announced that construction has begun on the Charter Technology and Engineering Center (CTEC), which will house its Advanced Engineering teams, a large testing lab and resources from the Product, IT, Network Operations and Care teams necessary to move Charter's projects through the development lifecycle. The 85,000 square foot research and development facility is located in the Compark Business Campus Metropolitan District, unincorporated Douglas County, Colorado. The Center will be operational by year end.
The new facility will ultimately accommodate more than 200 technical staff, including 55 new full-time employees and 45 new full-time contract positions. Charter's engineering and testing professionals will prototype new solutions to meet current and future needs of customers and certify them for deployment into its networks.
"Charter is pleased to build our lab in Colorado, a state with a long and impressive history in the cable industry," said Jay Rolls, Charter Senior Vice President & Chief Technology Officer. "Taking technical innovations from concept to customer involves a great deal of integration and testing. Having a state-of-the-art facility will allow Charter to expedite that process and give us an even higher degree of confidence in successfully rolling out amazing new innovations."
This new CTEC environment, which is double the size of the company's current labs, will enable Charter to continue to accelerate the pace of innovation and enhance the Charter customer experience. The raised-floor, climate-controlled lab environment will be filled with the hundreds of racks of equipment necessary to develop and test Charter's residential and commercial service offerings for high speed Internet, video, voice, and mobile apps.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV