Knowledge workers can avoid digital landfill by harnessing paper, data
April 29, 2014
/CNW/ - Knowledge capital is the currency of business today, and organizations that leverage their critical information effectively hold a significant competitive advantage.
has responded with new ways for enterprises to assess, protect and leverage their information when and wherever needed - not only to save money, but to ultimately improve client relationships and develop innovative and stronger offerings.
Xerox's latest services are designed to:
- Analyze how and why documents are printed and use that intelligence to change the way information is accessed.
- Increase information security without disrupting the IT infrastructure.
- Make mobile printing easier and more convenient.
- Evaluate, simplify and improve everyday document-intensive business processes through workflow automation.
"As an enterprise's knowledge capital grows - in both paper and electronic form - the challenge of unlocking it increases exponentially. Without proper management it becomes lost since it lives in so many places and formats," said
, president, Large Enterprise Operations, Xerox. "Our three-stage strategy -
assess and optimize
secure and integrate
automate and simplify
- continues to evolve with these new offerings. The enhancements help clients manage their information demands more effectively, especially in the area of security and automating document workflows."
The enhanced services include:
- Xerox Secure Print Manager Suite, powered by Nuance Equitrac, cost-effectively integrates print security, control and reporting capabilities - such as user authentication, secure document release, job tracking, chargeback and accounting, and print rules and routing - without disrupting existing IT infrastructure. Capabilities can be licensed individually or across any number of Xerox or non-Xerox devices, depending on the organization's needs.
- Xerox Document Analytics Services explain how, where and why documents are used. Insights are culled from multiple sources - data from devices and print jobs, audits of filed and unfiled paper and client interviews that uncover printing "behaviors." Based on the findings, Xerox partners with its clients to digitize content and capture information so organizations don't replace a paper landfill with a digital landfill.
- Xerox Workflow Assessment Services demonstrate how documents move within an organization and provide insights to create more efficient processes. For example, an assessment may uncover that student loan processing could take 50 percent less time if information is easier to locate and is scanned rather than printed. Leveraging client input and metrics from document and device usage, the service helps organizations turn process into productivity, to save money and improve customer relationships.
A free software upgrade on the
Xerox WorkCentre® 3325
multifunction printer (MFP) offers a common set of access, productivity, management and security features to further protect and optimize print environments. Customers gain an even stronger integration with Xerox's
managed print services
for improved efficiency and cost savings.
1.5 technology enabled printers and MFPs will soon be certified by the
, an organization that promotes, simplifies and increases accessibility of wireless printing from smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. Printing on-the-go is made easier without having to manually connect to a device or install software.
Xerox Document Analytics Services and Xerox Workflow Assessment Services are available to customers of Xerox's Enterprise Print Services in the U.S.,
Xerox Secure Print Manager Suite is available for customers of Xerox's Enterprise Print Services in the U.S.,
and Developing Markets Operations.
Xerox ConnectKey 1.5 technology will be offered worldwide as a software upgrade for all existing ConnectKey enabled printers and MFPs by early
Since the invention of Xerography more than 75 years ago, the people of
(NYSE: XRX) have helped businesses simplify the way work gets done. Today, we are the global leader in business process and document management, helping organizations of any size be more efficient so they can focus on their real business. Headquartered in
, we have more than 140,000 Xerox employees and do business in more than 180 countries, providing
and software for commercial and government organizations. Learn more at
is headquartered in
, with regional offices nationwide. For more information, visit
or visit Xerox Canada's
Bridge to Digital Business blog
To receive RSS news feeds, visit
. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit
, Xerox and Design
are trademarks of Xerox in
the United States
and/or other countries.
SOURCE Xerox Canada