- Completed a 10-year, $9 billion generation fleet modernization program in 2013 that allowed the company to retire more than 3,800 megawatts of older coal-fired units. That number will grow to about 6,300 megawatts of coal capacity over the next few years.
- Has invested more than $1 billion in digital grid technologies to improve its ability to meet customer demand.
- Added a new goal to increase recycling of solid waste to 80 percent in 2018.
- Helped its communities attract more than 13,700 jobs and $2.9 billion in capital investments to its service territories last year.
- Is on track to own or contract 6,000 megawatts of wind, solar and biomass by 2020.
- Generates about 10 percent of its overall capacity from hydro, wind and solar.
Duke Energy Delivers Facts And Figures In Sustainability Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts