TROY, Mich., April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Pep Boys – Manny, Moe & Jack (NYSE: "PBY"), the nation's leading automotive aftermarket service and retail chain, has been named as the official service provider for Elio Motors, Inc., the start-up transportation company revolutionizing the way Americans commute.
With a price tag of $6,800 and fuel efficiency of 84 miles per gallon, the enclosed, three-wheeled vehicle will launch in 2015.
With 800 service centers and 7,500 service bays in 35 states and Puerto Rico, Pep Boys will provide Elio Motors customers with convenient service options from one of the most trusted names in the automotive aftermarket. Pep Boys is located in 90 percent of the markets where Elio Motors will operate. Elio Motors will service vehicles at its company owned stores in remaining markets.
"Pep Boys' rich history, dating back nearly 100 years, makes the company a cultural icon, and a well-known and trusted brand to our future customers," said Paul Elio, CEO of Elio Motors. "Providing a convenient and professional service experience is one of the most important elements in creating an overall positive customer ownership experience, so this is a crucial step on our development."In addition to launching a new vehicle, Elio Motors will create more than 1,500 jobs at its manufacturing facility in Shreveport, La., help reduce the country's dependence on foreign oil and provide a more environmentally friendly transportation solution for American drivers. Initial customer enthusiasm for Elio Motors is high, as more than 15,000 people have made reservations for the vehicle. The company already has nearly 120,000 Facebook fans and is averaging more than 250,000 unique visitors per month to its web site this year. Currently, the vehicle prototype is on a 33-city nationwide tour, introducing the vehicle to potential customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV