Though they felt prepared, many recent homebuyers would do more homework and make some different choices if they had a second chance, according to Chase research released today.
The independent survey gave 807 recent homebuyers a chance to reflect on how their home purchase turned out. The “ What I Wish I Knew About the Homebuying Process” survey provides a comprehensive look at the level of their preparedness during the homebuying process and what living with the home purchase has been like.
They felt ready, but…Nine of every ten buyers felt prepared when they bought their home, but in hindsight, 56 percent wish they were armed with more knowledge about the financial aspects of purchasing a home, specifically:
- The ins and outs of closing on the house – 22 percent
- Making the offer and negotiating –19 percent
- Financing a home – 15 percent
“While consumers said they felt prepared to buy a home and were satisfied with their home purchase, our results found that there are challenges and areas for improvement,” said Lisa Foradori, chief marketing officer for Chase Mortgage Banking. “We created our My New Home app, online educational materials and YouTube Channel to give buyers a primer on what to expect.”The materials walk would-be buyers through the process from start to finish, including:
- Find and finance a new home
- Calculate payment affordability and home value
- Understand upfront costs
- Identify needed paperwork for a smooth loan process
- Get tips for the first-time and self-employed buyer
- Watch short videos of experts with simple steps to follow
- Learn how to negotiate the price of a house
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV