Dow Corning Corp. today announced first quarter 2014 sales of $1.52 billion, an increase of 21 percent over 2013, and net income of $191 million. Adjusted net income in the first quarter of 2014 was $109 million, an increase of 65 percent compared with the first quarter of 2013.
Adjusted net income for 2014 excluded gains from a derivative contract and long term sales agreements. Adjusted net income for 2013 excluded restructuring expenses. Additional information about Dow Corning’s financial results:
First Quarter Results
- Sales were $1.52 billion, 21 percent higher than last year’s first quarter.
- Adjusted net income was $109 million, 65 percent higher than last year’s first quarter.
- Dow Corning’s Silicones segment experienced volume growth across most geographic regions.
- Dow Corning’s Polysilicon segment continued to see strong shipments as customers accepted delivery of material purchased through long-term contracts.
|Q1 2014||Q1 2013||% Change|
|Sales (in billions)||$||1.52||$||1.26||21 %|
|Net income (in millions)||$||191||$||62||207 %|
|Adjusted net income* (in millions)||$||109||$||66||65 %|
*Adjusted net income is a non-GAAP financial measure which excludes certain unusual items. The reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP measures is shown in the table following the news release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV