BASEL, Switzerland, April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
At the Annual General Meeting of Syngenta AG held on April 29, 2014, the 861 shareholders representing 48.48% of the total shares approved all the motions proposed by the Board of Directors.
The shareholders approved motions including a gross dividend of CHF 10.00 per share, an increase of 5% over the previous year.
For the first time, in accordance with the Ordinance against Excessive Compensation at Listed Companies which took effect on January 1, 2014, all members of the Board of Directors, Michel Demaré as Chairman of the Board of Directors, the members of the Compensation Committee and the Independent Proxy stood for election or re-election for a period of one year. The revised Articles of Incorporation of Syngenta AG were also submitted to the Annual General Meeting for approval.Information for editors: The speech of the Chairman, the presentation of the CEO, images and other information concerning the Annual General Meeting can be found at http://www.syngenta.com/agm2014. Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Through world-class science, global reach and commitment to our customers we help to increase crop productivity, protect the environment and improve health and quality of life. For more information about us please go to http://www.syngenta.com. Syngenta International AG Media Office CH-4002 Basel Switzerland Tel: +41 61 323 23 23 Fax: +41 61 323 24 24 www.syngenta.com Media contacts: Paul Barrett Switzerland +41 61 323 2323 Analysts/Investors contacts: Jennifer Gough Switzerland +41 61 323 5059 USA +1 202 737 6521 Lars Oestergaard Switzerland +41 61 323 6793 USA +1 202 737 6520
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV