BLUE BELL, Pa., April 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) today announced ClearPath Application Modernization Services, a new suite of services designed to help users of Unisys ClearPath servers quickly and easily modernize their mission-critical ClearPath applications for enhanced performance in contemporary enterprise software environments.
These services are the latest addition to Unisys' portfolio of ClearPath Mission-Critical Services.
The ClearPath Application Modernization Services enable IT organizations to quickly and cost-efficiently build support for automation, Web interfaces, mobile devices, social computing and other widely used technologies into their ClearPath applications. The services enable ClearPath and non-ClearPath applications to interoperate in a heterogeneous, enterprise-wide application environment. The services leverage the latest technology innovations in Unisys ClearPath and Forward! platforms to create a seamless and cost-effective application modernization strategy.
In addition, the services enable organizations challenged by a shortage of ClearPath programming skills to benefit from assistance by a new generation of application developers using contemporary techniques and familiar tools to modernize the ClearPath applications."Our ClearPath clients value the mission-critical attributes of security, resilience, scalability and predictable performance," said Vivek Rao, vice president, global systems integration and consulting services delivery. "They have committed to ClearPath applications being at the center of their data center strategy and are investing in modernizing these applications to adapt to ever-changing business requirements. With ClearPath Application Modernization Services, clients can work with expert Unisys service professionals to create the contemporary application environment needed to meet tomorrow's business challenges by building on their strategic investment in ClearPath software." ClearPath Application Modernization Services comprise the following offerings:
- ClearPath Transformation Services – application optimization, modernization and integration;
- ClearPath Mobility Application Services – mobile enablement of existing enterprise applications and development of new enterprise and consumer mobile applications for multiple platforms, primarily smartphones and tablets using Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry;
- Agile Business (AB) Suite Services – migration of applications from Unisys Enterprise Application Environment (EAE) development and execution environment to the newer Unisys AB Suite. This service includes full planning, evaluation, conversion, testing and transition support;
- Business Information Server (BIS) Services – software installation, plus planning, design, development, testing and implementation for applications based on Unisys BIS application development and business intelligence solution; and
- Customer Program Management – standardized processes and tools for full program management services; program governance models and performance measurement; and a combination of onsite, remote, dispatched and dedicated service-delivery.