-Increased demand across the board for products and services was led by a 76% unit sales growth of design and manufacturing 3D printers -Higher placement of advanced 3D printers accelerated the growth rate of materials to 41%, delivering a record $40 million of revenue
ROCK HILL, S.C., April 29, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD) announced today that its first quarter revenue grew 45% from the prior year to $147.8 million on 28% overall organic growth, resulting in GAAP earnings of $0.05 per share and non-GAAP earnings of $0.15 per share for the first quarter.
"Our first quarter results reflect expanding demand across all of our revenue categories, led by strong 76% unit sales growth of design and manufacturing printers, and the ongoing placement of manufacturing printers that continued to increase the growth rate of materials," said Avi Reichental, 3DS' President and Chief Executive Officer.First Quarter 2014 Revenue Highlights (compared to first quarter 2013):
- 3D printers and other products revenue increased 53% to $60.8 million.
- Print materials revenue grew 41% to $40.4 million.
- Services revenue rose 38% to $46.6 million.
- Healthcare revenue increased 53% to $21.7 million.
- Consumer revenue expanded 150% to $9.7 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV