ServiceNow® (NYSE: NOW), the enterprise IT cloud company, today kicked off Knowledge14®, its annual global IT conference for CIOs, IT professionals, system administrators, developers – and all roles in between – using cloud services to transform service management across the enterprise. The conference theme, “The New Age of Service is Now,” describes how IT can empower the service-oriented enterprise by accelerating service delivery for other business functions like human resources, finance, facilities, legal and others. In its eighth year, Knowledge is expected to draw more than 6,000 IT and line-of-business professionals from some of the world’s most innovative companies and recognized brands. Knowledge14 will take place at the Moscone Conference Center in San Francisco. For more information or to register for Knowledge14, please visit knowledge.servicenow.com.
“Knowledge14 will put a spotlight on the service relationships that exist in almost everything that gets done, inside and outside of the enterprise. Defining, delivering and managing services is not exclusive to IT. IT just happens to have a model for it,” said Beth White, chief marketing officer, ServiceNow. “This week, attendees will experience how to transform the way work gets done across the enterprise, in this new age of service. And it’s happening now.”
General Session Keynotes
“Defining the Service-Oriented Enterprise” – Frank Slootman, ServiceNow president and chief executive officer, presents Tuesday, April 29 from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. Pacific. Slootman will show how IT can use its successful roots to drive service transformation throughout the enterprise and deliver more value than ever seen before. The keynote includes a first-hand showcase of enterprise service management applications that produce considerable value for companies. Viewers can see how to automate the most mundane, tactical activities and enable IT to become heroes of innovation and drivers of the service-oriented enterprise.“Empowering the Service-Oriented Enterprise” – Fred Luddy, ServiceNow founder and chief product officer, presents Wednesday, April 30 from 8:00 to 9:50 a.m. Pacific. Luddy will unveil the latest ServiceNow innovations that deliver a more intuitive user experience and transform professional and ‘citizen’ developers into ServiceNow Creators. Viewers will see how the threshold for app development has dropped with service-oriented applications that can be created by ordinary people faster and easier than ever before. “Running the Service-Oriented Enterprise” – Dan McGee, ServiceNow senior vice president of engineering and cloud operations, presents Thursday, May 1 from 9:00 to 9:50 a.m. Pacific. McGee will discuss why the ServiceNow enterprise IT cloud is challenging traditional clouds by setting new industry standards for cloud scalability, security and availability. He will demonstrate how a true enterprise cloud can be transparent and customers can have a say about how their environments are managed. Attendees will experience a backstage tour of ServiceNow to understand how the company develops, monitors, manages and supports customer instances. All three keynotes will be webcast live. To view the live stream of the conference keynotes, please go the Knowledge14 BuzzHub at community.servicenow.com. A replay of each webcast will be available later each day on the BuzzHub. Event Highlights
- Pre-Conference Training, Breakouts and Labs. Attendees will be able to choose from more than 300 sessions, 90% of which are delivered by customers.
- CIO Decisions14. With more than 100 CIOs and IT executives of large enterprises registered, this exclusive invitation-only industry event connects IT leaders with their peers, industry luminaries and ServiceNow executives. Presenters include authors Geoffrey Moore, Patrick Lencioni and Martha Heller; Douglas Leone and Mike Goguen, partners at Sequoia Capital; as well as Fred Luddy and Frank Slootman. In addition, the conference features a panel of three CIOs who will debate “The Future of IT.”
- Custom Application Development. Over 100 sessions and activities will be dedicated to custom application development on the ServiceNow platform. This includes breakouts, labs, the CreateNow Hackathon, AppCentral in the ServiceNow Pavilion and the Custom Application Showcase featured in the ExpoNow exhibits space.
- Innovation of the Year Award. ServiceNow is honoring the six finalists of its 2014 Innovation of the Year Award and deciding the winner through a live vote during the Wednesday general session of the attendees. The prestigious award, presented annually at the conference, recognizes IT organizations that have developed innovative applications on the ServiceNow Service Automation Platform and achieved significant business impact.
- CreateNow Hackathon. Over 700 individuals—ranging from non-technical ‘citizen developers’ to professional software developers—are registered for this eight-hour event to compete for bragging rights and awards by building the most unique, useful and creative applications on the ServiceNow platform.
- ServiceNow Global Partner Summit. With 1,000 partners registered for Knowledge14, this event brings together the ServiceNow partner ecosystem. Partners attend business and technical tracks, enabling them to optimize business expansion and customer success.
- ‘Go-Live’ Reception. This event celebrates the more than 2,000 customers that have deployed ServiceNow and successfully transformed enterprise IT.
- ExpoNow Exhibit Hall. With 108 partners sponsoring Knowledge14, the exhibit hall will feature demonstrations of how partners are using the ServiceNow platform to build complementary products, address functionality extensions and offer services that expand the capabilities and value of ServiceNow.