“PACCAR (Nasdaq:PCAR) reported higher revenues and net income for the first quarter of 2014,” said Ron Armstrong, chief executive officer. “PACCAR’s truck segment results improved compared to last year reflecting the benefits of stronger industry truck sales in North America. PACCAR also generated good aftermarket sales and financial services results. I am very proud of our 21,700 employees who have delivered industry leading products and services to our customers worldwide.”
New Kenworth T880 and Peterbilt Model 567 (Photo: Business Wire)
PACCAR earned $273.9 million ($.77 per diluted share) for the first quarter of 2014 compared to $236.1 million ($.67 per diluted share) in the first quarter last year. First quarter 2014 net sales and financial services revenues were $4.38 billion compared to $3.92 billion reported for the first quarter of 2013.
“PACCAR’s strong balance sheet and positive cash flow have enabled the company to invest over $2.2 billion in new products and services in the last three years. PACCAR began production of its new vocational Kenworth T880 and Peterbilt Model 567 trucks in late 2013. These new vehicles expand PACCAR’s offering in the construction, utility and refuse markets and complement the Kenworth T680 and Peterbilt Model 579 on-highway trucks. PACCAR’s range of fuel-efficient engines has also expanded with the launch of the PACCAR MX-11 engine in Europe. These new products will contribute to the company’s long-term growth,” added Armstrong.
Highlights – First Quarter 2014Highlights of PACCAR’s financial results during the first quarter of 2014 include:
- Consolidated net sales and revenues of $4.38 billion.
- Net income of $273.9 million.
- Cash generated from operations of $285.7 million.
- Financial Services pretax income of $85.5 million.
- Research and development expenses of $52.7 million.
- Capital investments of $54.6 million.
- Manufacturing cash and marketable securities of $2.46 billion.
- Record shareholders’ equity of $6.86 billion.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts