Migalastat Demonstrated Statistically Significant (p=0.013) and Durable Substrate Reductions on 12-Month Pre-Specified Primary Analysis in Fabry Patients with Amenable Mutations
Statistically Significant (p<0.0001) Reduction Also Seen in Important Fabry Disease Biomarker, Plasma Lyso-Gb3
Kidney Function Remained Stable Up to 24 Months in Fabry Patients with Amenable Mutations85% of Patients with Amenable Mutations Completing Month 24 Remain in Ongoing Voluntary Extension Study (Study 041) Conference Call and Webcast Today at 8:00 a.m. ET CRANBURY, N.J., April 29, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Amicus Therapeutics (Nasdaq:FOLD), a biopharmaceutical company at the forefront of therapies for rare and orphan diseases, today announced positive 12- and 24-month data from its first Phase 3 study ( Study 011) of the oral small molecule chaperone migalastat HCl ("migalastat") monotherapy in Fabry patients with amenable mutations. Detailed results are available in a slide presentation that will be shared by the Amicus management team on a conference call today at 8:00 a.m. ET. Please visit http://ir.amicustherapeutics.com/events.cfm. Study 011 was designed to measure the reduction of disease substrate (Globotriaosylceramide, or GL-3) following treatment with migalastat. The 24-month study began with a 6-month double-blind, placebo-controlled treatment period, after which all patients were treated with migalastat for a 6-month open-label follow-up period and a subsequent 12-month open-label extension phase. The study also measured clinical outcomes, including renal function, as secondary endpoints. As previously reported, patients on migalastat experienced greater reductions in GL-3 as compared to placebo during the initial 6-month period; however, this difference was not statistically significant under the original study primary endpoint (responder analysis with a 50% reduction threshold at month 6). Following a Type C Meeting with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the second quarter of 2013, and based on feedback from the agency at that meeting, Amicus revised the Statistical Analysis Plan to pre-specify the primary analysis at month 12 as the mean change in GL-3 in patients with amenable mutations in a GLP-validated human embryonic kidney (HEK) cell-based in vitro assay ("GLP HEK amenable"). Summary of Study 011 12- and 24-Month Data in GLP HEK Amenable Patients
- Subjects who switched from placebo to migalastat after month 6 demonstrated a statistically significant reduction in kidney interstitial capillary GL-3 at month 12 (p=0.013).
- Subjects who remained on migalastat for 12 months demonstrated a durable reduction in kidney interstitial capillary GL-3.
- Reduction in disease substrate was also observed in plasma lyso-Gb3, another important biomarker of disease, in subjects who switched from placebo to migalastat (p<0.0001). Subjects who remained on migalastat demonstrated a durable reduction in lyso-Gb3.
- Kidney function (estimated glomerular filtration rate (eGFR), iohexol mGFR) remained stable over 18-24 months
- Migalastat was generally safe and well-tolerated.
- Of 41 subjects with GLP HEK amenable mutations who completed Study 011, 35 (85%) remain in the voluntary extension study ( Study 041).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV