Australian Prime Minister Won't Rule Out New Levy
A mining boom fueled by Chinese industrial demand for iron ore and coal helped Australia avoid a recession during the global financial crisis. But the boom has passed and the economy is slowing along with the weakening resource sector.
The government's latest economic forecast shows Australia's deteriorating economic performance will translate into a deficit of AU$68.1 billion in the current fiscal year a¿¿ about AU$16.8 billion worse than was forecast when the budget was announced in May last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV