WICHITA, Kan., April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Spirit AeroSystems, Inc. (NYSE: SPR), Monday celebrated the rollout of the first flight test pylon for the Mitsubishi Regional Jet (MRJ) aircraft. The pylon and underwing structure are used to mount the aircraft's Pratt & Whitney power plant to the wing and are designed and manufactured by Spirit at the company's Wichita, Kan., facility.
"Today's rollout marks a pivotal milestone and highlights a unique opportunity to collaborate with a new original equipment manufacturer in developing an all-new aircraft for the 70 to 100-seat market segment," said Cathy McClain, director of Business and Regional Jet programs for Spirit.
"Spirit has extensive experience with underwing pylons, and is honored to work with Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation on this program," said David Coleal, executive vice president, Boeing, Business/Regional Jets, and Aftermarket. "The MRJ aircraft pylon is the latest example of how we put our team's creativity, determination and expertise to work in support of our customer."
In 2008, Mitsubishi awarded a contract to Spirit AeroSystems to design and build pylons for both the MRJ70 and MRJ90 aircraft models. The work package also includes systems, pylon-to-wing integration hardware and the aft fairing package. Spirit has more than 75 years of experience designing and producing pylons.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV