NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- On CNBC's "Cramer's Stop Trading" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, pointed to the American Academy of Neurology's recent study that paints medical marijuana in positive light.
The findings showed benefits mainly for patients with multiple sclerosis. He suggested medical marijuana has been found to help in other areas as well, including pain, epilepsy and cancer.
And although the U.S. is slowly recognizing the benefits of marijuana for medicinal purposes, investors are curious as to which stock is in the best position to take advantage.
Cramer suggests GW Pharmaceuticals (GWPH) as the go-to stock for investors. The company makes the cannabinoid medicine Sativex, which is marketed for the treatment of spasticity in multiple sclerosis patients."I really believe" in GW Pharmaceuticals, he said, adding that the U.K.-based company will have an easier time with marijuana testing since it is in England, rather than the U.S. The stock is "still down a lot from its high," and this company will solve a lot of pain issues, Cramer concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV