NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Alliant Techsystems (ATK) are higher on Tuesday, up roughly 8% after the company announced its M&A plans. The company will spin off its outdoor sports business while merging its defense and aerospace business with Orbital Sciences (ORB) to become Orbital ATK.
On CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, said, "this is a breathtaking deal."
Cramer also said that ATK is the leading provider for bullets in the defense industry, and should do well when paired with the undervalued asset known as Orbital Sciences.
Cramer said this is just another demonstration of how today's CEOs demonstrate "incredible creativity" when attempting to create shareholder value.-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV