NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ultra Clean Holdings (UCTT) stock is sinking in extended trading Monday after the company missed earnings estimates in its first quarter and second-quarter guidance came in lower than expected.
After the bell, shares had taken off 15.2% to $10.02.
Over the three months to March, the company earned 27 cents a share, 3 cents lower than analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters had forecast.
The technology company beat expectations on its top-line with revenue of $144.2 million 43.5% higher year over year and coming in higher than an anticipated $137.56 million.SELL NOW: If you own any of the 900 stocks that TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified as a 'Sell'...you could potentially lose EVERYTHING in the next 6-12 months. Learn more. "Results for the last quarter were mixed for UCT, "said CEO Clarence Granger in a statement. "We had our best revenue results ever and we exceeded our revenue guidance for the quarter. However, our gross margins for the quarter were lower than expected when we compare this quarter to what we achieved in the previous quarter. Gross margins fell to 16.2% from 17.1% in the previous quarter. For its June-ending second quarter, management guided for revenue between $128 million and $133 million and earnings of 18 cents to 21 cents a share. Analysts expected $132.33 million in second-quarter revenue and 26 cents a share in net income. TheStreet Ratings team rates ULTRA CLEAN HOLDINGS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ULTRA CLEAN HOLDINGS INC (UCTT) a BUY. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: UCTT Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV