NEW YORK, April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- OTC Markets Group Inc. (OTCQX: OTCM) today announced the OTCM ADR Index powered by BNY Mellon DR Indices SM (Bloomberg/Reuters: OTCDR; Thomson: DFCDR), the only index exclusively tracking American Depositary Receipts ("ADRs") trading on the OTCQX®, OTCQB® and OTC Pink® marketplaces, declined slightly by (-0.13%) in the first quarter 2014. Despite this, the total dollar volume of ADRs in the Index rose 29% to a record $33.86 billion during the quarter.
Separately, OTC Markets Group and BNY Mellon this month announced the launch of the OTCQX ADR 30 Index ("OTCQX30"), a new index comprised of the top 30 OTCQX ADRs based on market capitalization, volume and liquidity, including Adidas AG (OTCQX: ADDYY), AXA (OTCQX: AXAHY), British Sky Broadcasting Group Plc (OTCQX: BSYBY), Danone (OTCQX: DANOY) and Roche Holding Ltd. (OTCQX: RHHBY).
"While the OTCM ADR Index was flat in the first quarter, we are pleased to see such active trading of ADRs on our marketplaces," said R. Cromwell Coulson, President and CEO of OTC Markets Group. "ADRs are an efficient, cost-effective vehicle for U.S. investors to invest internationally."First Quarter 2014 Highlights:
- Securities within the OTCM ADR Index traded $33.86 billion in the first quarter, up 29% from the prior quarter and a 53% increase from the prior year quarter.
- The top 10 most actively traded ADRs in the Index by dollar volume during the quarter were: Danone (OTCQX: DANOY), Imperial Tobacco Group PLC (OTCQX: ITYBY) and Roche Holding Ltd. (OTCQX: RHHBY) which trade on OTCQX, the best marketplace for qualified companies, and Gazprom OAO (OTC Pink: OGZPY), LUKOIL Oil Co. (OTC Pink: LUKOY), Nestle S.A. (OTC Pink: NSRGY), SOFTBANK Corp. (OTC Pink: SFTBY), Tencent Holding Ltd. (OTC Pink: TCEHY), Tesco PLC (OTC Pink: TSCDY) and Tokyo Electron Ltd. (OTC Pink: TOELY) which trade on OTC Pink and limit distribution of information to their home market.
- Top-performing component industries were utilities (+8.91%), health care (+4.08%) and technology (+3.78%). The worst-performing component industries were oil and gas (-6.24%), telecommunications (-3.79%) and consumer services (-2.77%).
- Forty-eight companies joined the Index in the first quarter, notably easyJet plc (OTCQX: ESYJY) and Interconexion Electrica S.A. (OTCQX: IESFY) which trade on OTCQX, and A.P. Moeller-Maersk A/S (OTC Pink: AMKBY), Christian Dior S.A. (OTC Pink: CHDRY), Don Quijote Holdings Co., Ltd. (OTC Pink: DQJCY), Hugo Boss AG (OTC Pink: BOSSY), Life Healthcare Group Holdings Ltd. (OTC Pink: LTGHY), Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (OTC Pink: OPHLY), Persimmon Plc (OTC Pink: PSMMY), Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd. (OTC Pink: STBFY) and Suzuki Motor Co. (OTC Pink: SZKMY) which trade on OTC Pink. Twenty-two companies were removed from the Index in the first quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV