DISH Network (NASDAQ:DISH) today announced that it has appointed Steven Swain to lead its Programming Group. Mr. Swain, formerly a vice president of DISH’s Corporate Finance Group, is being promoted to senior vice president.
Dave Shull, DISH Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer (Photo: Business Wire)
DISH has also announced that Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) David Shull will begin a six-month leave of absence May 31 to assist with the care of a family member.
“I have worked closely with Steve for the past three years and I have every confidence that he has the leadership skills, the experience and tenacity to lead our programing operation with excellence,” said DISH President and Chief Executive Officer Joseph P. Clayton. “As our CCO, Dave has delivered tremendous achievements for DISH, including the leadership needed to establish a groundbreaking partnership with The Walt Disney Co. He has our support and we are already looking forward to his return.”
Mr. Swain will report directly to Mr. Clayton, as will Mr. Shull’s team during his absence, including James Moorhead, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Warren Schlichting, senior vice president of media sales and analytics and Vivek Khemka, senior vice president of product management.In his new role, Mr. Swain will be responsible for the acquisition and renewal of programming content, including national network and cable channels, Latino content, local broadcast stations and premium services such as HBO, Showtime and Starz. About Steve Swain, SVP Programming Prior to joining DISH in 2011 as vice president of Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis, Mr. Swain spent 10 years at CenturyLink (formerly Qwest Communications) where he served in multiple leadership roles in that organization’s Finance and Network Engineering organizations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV