3 Stocks Pushing The Basic Materials Sector Lower
2. As of noon trading, EOG Resources ( EOG) is down $1.46 (-1.5%) to $97.58 on average volume. Thus far, 2.5 million shares of EOG Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $97.24-$100.00 after having opened the day at $99.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $99.04. EOG Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, explores for, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. EOG Resources has a market cap of $56.5 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 18.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate EOG Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates EOG Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full EOG Resources Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts