NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nissan GT Academy U.S. champions Bryan Heitkotter and Steve Doherty will team up behind the wheel of a Nissan Altima for the remainder of the 2014 Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge (CTSCC) racing season in the No. 34 Street Touring (ST) class CA Sport/Skullcandy machine. This weekend, the duo will take on an always crowded field at the Monterey Grand Prix at historic Laguna Seca Raceway in California.
Nissan GT Academy is a partnership between Nissan and Sony Playstation ® that brings the best Gran Turismo ® racing gamers together in a competition to determine which of them can translate their gaming skills into actual on-track racing results. Heitkotter, 33, won the U.S. GT Academy rounds in 2011, while Doherty, 30, was the 2012 champion.
The drivers were teammates once previously in the Skullcandy Altima 3.5 V6 at Sebring in March, where they finished 31st in the ST class after mechanical difficulties just before the halfway point. The pair have run separately with the Skullcandy team at different events – Heitkotter at Daytona in January, where he qualified fourth, and Doherty at Kansas Speedway last August.
Doherty raced last season in the Blancpain Endurance Series in Europe, driving a race prepared Nissan GT-R and earning two podium finishes.Heitkotter, the 33-year old has three pole positions, five front row qualifying runs, a podium finish and four top ten finishes in six starts in the Grand Sport (GS)-class Doran Racing Nissan 370Z NISMO in 2012 and 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV