BROOMFIELD, Colo., April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ball Corporation (NYSE: BLL) today recognized six of its 61 global plants with the R. David Hoover Sustainability Award for exceptional economic, social and environmental performance in 2013. The annual award recognizes one plant in each Ball packaging division or product group with the best overall sustainability improvement.
The most sustainable plants for 2013 include:
- Beijing, China (Ball Asia Pacific)
- Chestnut Hill, Tenn. (Global Food and Household Products)
- La Ciotat, France (Ball Packaging Europe)
- Monticello, Ind. (Beverage Cans, Americas)
- Velim, Czech Republic (Global Extruded Aluminum Packaging)
- Verona, Va. (Global Slugs)
"At Ball, sustainability has been a part of who we are for more than 134 years and is an important aspect of our Drive for 10 vision," said John A. Hayes, chairman, president and chief executive officer. "Thanks to their disciplined execution of this vision, and their careful and deliberate balance of our economic, environmental and social impacts, our plants and their employees are positioning Ball for continued long-term success."
Every year, each of Ball's plants around the world is evaluated based on performance in various categories, including the reduction of electricity, natural gas, water usage, waste and volatile organic compounds (VOCs), as well as overall safety record, sharing of best practices, local support of packaging collection and recycling, charitable contributions and volunteerism.Ball established the R. David Hoover Sustainability Award in 2011 in honor of the company's former chairman, president and CEO, who was a key driver in the development of Ball's formal sustainability program. Ball is an industry leader in sustainability reporting and practices and will issue its fourth biennial sustainability report in May.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV