NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says Monday's Bank of America (BAC) news shows that the bank is more dysfunctional than he had previously thought. He owns the stock for his charitable trust and calls the situation "embarrassing."
Cramer says he wishes he did not own the stock for the charitable trust and says he would cut it if it rallies. He is shocked that Bank of America did not know about the financial report error and says the mishap shows the banks are too hard to run; however, Cramer points out Monday's decline in the stock was not an earnings hit and believes the stock will rally.
Cramer also says the problem with Amazon (AMZN) is that it did exactly what people wanted: it had great growth and said it would spend significant dollars to have a presence in China. He believes that stock would have gone up $30 in a different environment instead of down $30. Cramer suggests Amazon shareholders should wait for investors to buy Amazon and then sell the stock at a higher price.
Finally, Cramer says Comcast (CMCSA) had a great quarter with great cash flow and investors should own the stock. Time Warner (TWC) reports this week and Cramer believes the company will have a strong quarter. He expects more share buyback and calls it "a great place to be."Must Watch: Jim Cramer Would Buy Comcast, Sell Bank of America and Amazon STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. ---------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates COMCAST CORP as a "buy" with a ratings score of A+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate COMCAST CORP (CMCSA) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- CMCSA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 31.48% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 26.30% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CMCSA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- COMCAST CORP has improved earnings per share by 31.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COMCAST CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $2.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.75 versus $2.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Media industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 30.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1,437.00 million to $1,871.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CMCSA Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.