ROCKVILLE, Md., April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) and the American Council On Renewable Energy (ACORE) are teaming up on the USA Finish First Fellowship (F3) program, which will connect students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields with career opportunities in renewable energy.
The fellowship program, announced at the USA Science & Engineering Festival, will enable students to explore careers in energy during summer 2015 internship experiences at Lockheed Martin. The submission process will be open June 1 through November 15, 2014.
The fellowship program follows a recently announced green education partnership among Lockheed Martin, ACORE, and NASCAR Green, the sustainability arm of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, Inc.
"We at Lockheed Martin, along with ACORE and NASCAR, know it is critical that we create awareness and excitement with our best and brightest students about how a career in renewable and sustainable energy is essential to protecting our daily lives," said Frank Armijo, vice president of energy solutions at Lockheed Martin Information Systems & Global Solutions.The F3 program will provide up to five students the unique opportunity to engage with senior energy executives and learn about the exciting advanced energy programs, renewable energy and energy efficiency-related projects at Lockheed Martin.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV