Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 4/30/14, Oritani Financial Corp (ORIT) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.175, payable on 5/16/14. As a percentage of ORIT's recent stock price of $15.14, this dividend works out to approximately 1.16%, so look for shares of Oritani Financial Corp to trade 1.16% lower — all else being equal — when ORIT shares open for trading on 4/30/14.
Below is a dividend history chart for ORIT, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.175 declared by Oritani Financial Corp :
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from ORIT is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 4.62% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of ORIT shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, ORIT's low point in its 52 week range is $14.97 per share, with $16.90 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $15.14.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, ORIT makes up 1.00% of the PowerShares S&P SmallCap Low Volatility Portfolio ETF (XSLV) which is trading lower by about 0.1% on the day Monday. In Monday trading, Oritani Financial Corp shares are currently up about 0.3% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV