CLERMONT, Ky., April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Beam Inc. (NYSE: BEAM) has announced that it will host a series of engaging and unique "Distillery Days" at its flagship Jim Beam Homeplace in Clermont, Ky., beginning in May. The ongoing, monthly series will feature a number of activities, ranging from an Oaks Day and mint julep celebration to blue grass concerts and Kentucky-style barbeques.
"We're excited to launch Distillery Days," said Kim Bennett, director, Jim Beam Heritage Center. "We're proud of our historic distillery and want to share the Jim Beam and Kentucky experience with as many people as we can."
Distillery Days will kick off with an Oaks Day party on May 2, just prior to the Kentucky Derby. In addition to guided tours of the Beam distillery – the largest producer of bourbon in the world – and the delicious barbeque offerings of Fred's Smokehouse, the party will include samplings of the Beam family's mint julep recipes and a chance to meet and mingle with Beam family members. Additional monthly activities will include a Father's Day cook-out in June, summer concerts, and fall and holiday celebrations. For a complete list of events and other details please visit www.AmericanStillhouse.com."While Jim Beam Bourbon is a global brand, the distillery is our home," said Bennett. "Distillery Days opens our doors wide to visitors, and celebrates not only bourbon, but Kentucky as well. When you visit Jim Beam, you come as a friend and leave as family." Conveniently located just off of I-65 South less than 30 minutes from downtown Louisville, the Jim Beam distillery already attracts more than 100,000 visitors a year. "Distillery Days" will likely add to that number, said Bennett. "Our new series of events gives people another reason to come see us again and again," she said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV