- Boston – Helping to support the city of Boston in its carbon reduction goals, the Kneeland Street Plant is a year round facility providing thermal energy to downtown Boston buildings producing 1,275,000 lbs of steam per hour. The 53 State Street office serves as a hub for the company's energy operations in the Northeast and provides corporate oversight role for the ISO certification. In Boston and Cambridge, Mass., Veolia's district energy and cogeneration operations help the city avoid carbon dioxide emissions of approximately 475,000 tons, the equivalent of removing 80,000 cars from the roads.
- Philadelphia - The Grays Ferry/Schuylkill Station is a 163-megawatt cogeneration facility, serving nearly 300 customers in the central business district with steam and electricity. By producing steam and electricity simultaneously, the plant avoids the emission of approximately 430,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide annually, which is the equivalent of removing 70,000 automobiles from the streets each year.
- Grand Rapids, Mich. - Producing 450,000 pounds per hour of steam, the Grand Rapids plant serves over 100 customers in the central business district, including hospitals, commercial buildings and colleges ensuring consistent energy supply while reducing impact to the environment.
Veolia Recognized For Environmental Excellence Via ISO 14001 Certification
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.