CHERRY HILL, N.J., April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Encouraging children to sharpen their reading and money-saving skills, TD Bank, America's Most Convenient Bank ®, again will hold its annual Summer Reading Program.
The program rewards children from Kindergarten to Fifth Grade who read 10 books during the summer with a $10 deposit into a new or existing Young Saver account. In 2013, 35,845 children participated in the program and read 358,450 books, earning a total of $358,450 deposited to Young Saver accounts.
"Financial education is a lifelong journey, and TD Bank is dedicated to providing the tools and resources necessary for children to learn how to make smart financial decisions," said Kevin Gillen, Head of Retail Strategies and Solutions Group, TD Bank. "The Summer Reading Program provides an excellent opportunity for parents to encourage their kids to improve reading levels and to learn about spending and saving money wisely. Our goal is to not only help kids reach their reading potential, but to teach them about the importance of saving and budgeting their money, too."
Children are encouraged to ask TD Bank employees questions about saving money when they visit any TD Bank store. The 2014 Summer Reading Program brochure features a personal savings chart to help educate our Summer Readers about how they can save their $10, as well as tips for how they can reach their savings goals. When children bring in their completed Summer Reading form, TD Bank employees can show them how to fill out the personal savings chart and make their $10 Summer Reading reward grow.TD Bank recommends the following savings tips for children:
- Start saving early and save as much as you can.
- Set a goal! Decide what you want to save for.
- See the benefits of saving. Post a picture of the item you want on your "bank" as an incentive to save.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV