Recognized for outstanding programs committed to Canada's younger workforce
April 28, 2014
(TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) has once again been named one of
Top Employers for Young People by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
"CIBC is honoured to continue to be recognized for helping younger workers achieve their full potential," says
, Executive Vice-President, Human Resources, CIBC. "This award acknowledges the many programs and initiatives we have designed specifically for
younger workforce, which give them opportunities to gain hands-on experience and develop transferable skills in a diverse and engaging workplace to help them build their careers."
The award, managed by the editors of the
Canada's Top 100 Employers,
recognizes companies that offer younger workers exceptional professional opportunities; attractive perks and benefits; and ongoing career development programs as they transition from school to work.
Since 2010, the number of graduate, co-op, and summer hires recruited by CIBC has increased by almost 70 per cent. A key initiative that makes CIBC one of
Top Employers for Young People is its
Human Resources Development Program.
provides upcoming graduates of a Masters of Business Administration or Human Resources Masters related program, who have a minimum of three years of work experience, an opportunity to gain exposure and access to leading professionals in the industry by rotating through four key HR areas in the bank: human resource consulting, employee relations, resourcing, and projects and change management. CIBC's recently launched GenNext program was also recognized for building leadership skills by providing younger employees with opportunities to volunteer in the community.
As part of the bank's overall commitment to building stronger communities, CIBC also supports access to education for younger workers through scholarship funding, skills training and mentorship programs. In 2013, CIBC committed
to Canadian universities and colleges, of which more than
went to post-secondary bursaries and scholarships.
Over the past year, CIBC has also been recognized for several other industry-best practices, including:
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's Top Employers for Canadians Over 40 by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ by Achievers;
- The strongest bank in Canada and North America and the third-strongest bank in the world by Bloomberg Markets magazine;
- Among the Top 10 Safest Banks in North America by Global Finance magazine;
- A recipient of three innovation awards for the CIBC Mobile Payment App from ACT Canada;
- One of Canada's best 50 corporate citizens by Corporate Knights; and,
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the 12th consecutive year.
For more information on employment opportunities with CIBC, visit
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across
, and has offices in
the United States
and around the world. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Media Centre on our corporate website at
SOURCE Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce