Recognized for outstanding programs committed to Canada's younger workforce
TORONTO, April 28, 2014 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) has once again been named one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
"CIBC is honoured to continue to be recognized for helping younger workers achieve their full potential," says Jacqueline Moss, Executive Vice-President, Human Resources, CIBC. "This award acknowledges the many programs and initiatives we have designed specifically for Canada's younger workforce, which give them opportunities to gain hands-on experience and develop transferable skills in a diverse and engaging workplace to help them build their careers."
The award, managed by the editors of the Canada's Top 100 Employers, recognizes companies that offer younger workers exceptional professional opportunities; attractive perks and benefits; and ongoing career development programs as they transition from school to work.Since 2010, the number of graduate, co-op, and summer hires recruited by CIBC has increased by almost 70 per cent. A key initiative that makes CIBC one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People is its Human Resources Development Program. The program provides upcoming graduates of a Masters of Business Administration or Human Resources Masters related program, who have a minimum of three years of work experience, an opportunity to gain exposure and access to leading professionals in the industry by rotating through four key HR areas in the bank: human resource consulting, employee relations, resourcing, and projects and change management. CIBC's recently launched GenNext program was also recognized for building leadership skills by providing younger employees with opportunities to volunteer in the community. As part of the bank's overall commitment to building stronger communities, CIBC also supports access to education for younger workers through scholarship funding, skills training and mentorship programs. In 2013, CIBC committed $12 million to Canadian universities and colleges, of which more than $9 million went to post-secondary bursaries and scholarships. Over the past year, CIBC has also been recognized for several other industry-best practices, including:
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's Top Employers for Canadians Over 40 by Mediacorp;
- One of Canada's 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ by Achievers;
- The strongest bank in Canada and North America and the third-strongest bank in the world by Bloomberg Markets magazine;
- Among the Top 10 Safest Banks in North America by Global Finance magazine;
- A recipient of three innovation awards for the CIBC Mobile Payment App from ACT Canada;
- One of Canada's best 50 corporate citizens by Corporate Knights; and,
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the 12th consecutive year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV