LOS ANGELES, April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Pictures Consumer Products will team up with leading licensed apparel and accessories manufacturer, Bioworld and customization leader CafePress Inc., to create the ultimate collection of user-created merchandise, in the premiere licensing partnerships for the hit ABC freshman series, THE GOLDBERGS.
SPCP announced that THE GOLDBERGS will bring 80s inspired apparel and accessories back to stores, capitalizing on the nostalgia trend among Gen X and Gen Y consumers and the massive all-family popularity of the breakout comedy series. With the series set in "1980-something," the line will borrow from pop cultural references across the decade for imagery to adorn the product line. Bioworld's first assortment of tee-shirts sports images of THE GOLDBERGS cast, spotlights catch-phrase lines from the series and celebrates lost but beloved icons of 80s such as VHS tapes, cassettes, brick-sized mobile phones and leg warmers. Some of the designs will be created with an authentic vintage feel, as though the tee-shirts were actually printed in the 80s.
Products featuring the fun throwback look of the 80s showcased in THE GOLDBERGS will also soon be available on CafePress.com. CafePress' unique platform enables fans to create and share designs inspired by favorite TV shows on hundreds of products including T-shirts, technology cases and drinkware accessories. CafePress was selected because it is considered an industry leader in the customization space and is highly regarded for its ability to enhance partner brands through unparalleled fan engagement, multi-channel distribution and considerable product selection.
THE GOLDBERGS is ABC's number one new comedy this season, with 42.8M total viewers.* The freshman comedy is also ranked number one in its Tuesday time period this season across both broadcast and cable.**
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV