NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Ford (F) stock has been reiterated as a "buy," Deutsche Bank said Monday. The firm said Ford's underlying performance in its recently-reported quarter was better than it appeared.
Deutsche Bank had expected earnings of 31 cents a share in the automaker's first quarter. Ford posted adjusted profits of 25 cents a share.
"But excluding ~$500MM of unusual items incurred in North America, North American pretax earnings would have been exactly on target with our $2.0 bn estimate and total company pretax earnings would have been ~$1.9 bn, which compared with our $1.8 bn estimate," analysts wrote in the report.
Deutsche Bank said it continues to believe the company is on track for a "favorable earnings inflection.Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: F Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV